The Fridays@4 Society is accepting nominations for President-Elect and Secretary for a term beginning October 1, 2022. This is a great opportunity to build your leadership skills and help continue to advance our growing organization. Self-nominations are welcome. If you are interested in serving on the Board or would like to nominate someone to serve on the Board, please submit your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination period will be from June 20 - July 20, 2022.
The President-Elect chairs committees on special subjects as designated by the board. The President-Elect will preside at the meetings of the organization and of the board in the absence of the President. In the event of the disability of the president, the President-Elect will become acting president with all the powers of the President. The President-Elect will serve for a term of two (2) years and shall be elected in an even year. The President-elect will become the President at the end of their 2-year term.
The Secretary must keep records of board actions, including taking minutes at all board meetings, sending out meeting announcements, distributing copies of minutes and the agenda to each board member, and maintaining corporate records. The Secretary will keep the records and papers of the organization for historical purposes. The Secretary will perform such other duties as the board may assign. The Secretary will serve for a term of two (2) years.
POTENTIAL BOARD NOMINEE QUESTIONS
- What excites you about Fridays@4?
- How would others who served with you describe your leadership style?
- In your opinion, what are the core responsibilities of board members? List three.
- What are the core values and experiences you bring to the leadership landscape?How will you take an active role in making connections, building relationships, and business development?
- What is your vision and what are your priorities to help Fridays@4 achieve its mission?
- The Fridays@4 Board requires 3-8 hours a week. Please confirm that you are willing to commit to this. How will you ensure that you can dedicate the time needed to serve the organization in a leadership role?